Greetings and Salutations
from the Harvard Club of the Research Triangle
Dear Harvard Alumni, Family, and Friends,
It is my honor to welcome you to a new year with the Harvard Club of the Research Triangle (HCRT). Our Club encompasses the Research Triangle and Eastern North Carolina, a growing and vibrant area, and engages over 3,000 local Harvard alumni. With our members, the Club brings Crimson pride to our community as we strengthen our ties through intellectual engagement, social activities, shared dialogue, and service.
Even in the COVID-19 environment, the Club has been highly active and has provided a great variety of activities, lectures, and alumni engagement opportunities. Recent examples include:
- The Politics 2020 Lecture Series with political and thought leaders in North Carolina
- Young Alumni Social Activities
- Global Networking Night
- Lectures with distinguished faculty and alumni including:
- Duke Law School Dean David Levi on judicial independence
- HBS Professor Arthur Brooks on happiness
- UNC Chief of Infectious Disease Dr. Joseph Eron with local perspectives on COVID-19
- Durham Bulls game
- Duke Lemur Center tour
- Harvard -Yale game viewing party
The Harvard Club is also dedicated to community outreach through the efforts of our alumni interviewers, our club ambassadors who present the Harvard Book Prize each year to local high school students, and collaboration with local public schools to promote higher learning through our Early College Awareness program.
Like many of you, my life’s journey has taken me to many interesting places and brought me and my family here to North Carolina. We love this area and are proud to call it home. I look forward to serving as Harvard Club president for the HCRT community and hope to meet many of you at upcoming events. If you are already a member, thank you for being an integral part of our community. If you are a prospective member, I encourage you to join the Harvard Club of the Research Triangle and see all our Club has to offer. From interviewing, networking, continued learning, service, and leadership opportunities, you will find something that speaks to you.
Michael Fath, PhD ’93
President of the Harvard Club of the Research Triangle
Upcoming Events Below
11:00AM - 12:00PM Sat 15 Oct 2022, Eastern timezoneTraining Session for all New and Returning Interviewers at the JCC on Cornwallis Rd in Durham. Please come & bring your questions!!!
8:30AM Wed 26 Oct 2022 - 4:30PM Thu 27 Oct 2022, Eastern timezoneLessons on the pandemic for investors and entrepreneurs.
12:00PM Tue 1 Nov 2022 - 12:00PM Sun 5 Mar 2023, Eastern timezoneThis is a FUN & EASY way to keep connected with the College--and one of the most important functions of any Harvard Club.
4:00PM - 5:00PM Tue 1 Nov 2022, Eastern timezoneJoin the Radcliffe Institute on Tuesday, November 1st at 4pm for the opening discussion in connection with "The Age of Roe" exhibit at Harvard.
Sat 19 Nov 2022 (Time TBD), Eastern timezonePlan join the fun on Saturday, November 19th (time TBD), as we cheer on Harvard in its epic battle against Yale! Stay tuned for location.
Member Directory Search
- At Harvard IOP Forum, Gov. Larry Hogan Lays Out a Moderate’s Path to the Presidency
- Harvard Extension School Students Rally for Degree Name Change
- Senator Ron Wyden Talks Mental Health and Climate Change Reform at School of Public Health Event
- Mike on a Bike: Dunster Resident Dean Michael Uy Bikes from California to Harvard in 42 Days