Greetings and Salutations
from the Harvard Club of the Research Triangle
Dear Harvard Alumni, Family, and Friends,
It is my honor to welcome you to a new year with the Harvard Club of the Research Triangle (HCRT). Our Club encompasses the Research Triangle and Eastern North Carolina, a growing and vibrant area, and engages over 3,000 local Harvard alumni. With our members, the Club brings Crimson pride to our community as we strengthen our ties through intellectual engagement, social activities, shared dialogue, and service.
Even in the COVID-19 environment, the Club has been highly active and has provided a great variety of activities, lectures, and alumni engagement opportunities. Recent examples include:
- The Politics 2020 Lecture Series with political and thought leaders in North Carolina
- Young Alumni Social Activities
- Global Networking Night
- Lectures with distinguished faculty and alumni including:
- Duke Law School Dean David Levi on judicial independence
- HBS Professor Arthur Brooks on happiness
- UNC Chief of Infectious Disease Dr. Joseph Eron with local perspectives on COVID-19
- Durham Bulls game
- Duke Lemur Center tour
- Harvard -Yale game viewing party
The Harvard Club is also dedicated to community outreach through the efforts of our alumni interviewers, our club ambassadors who present the Harvard Book Prize each year to local high school students, and collaboration with local public schools to promote higher learning through our Early College Awareness program.
Like many of you, my life’s journey has taken me to many interesting places and brought me and my family here to North Carolina. We love this area and are proud to call it home. I look forward to serving as Harvard Club president for the HCRT community and hope to meet many of you at upcoming events. If you are already a member, thank you for being an integral part of our community. If you are a prospective member, I encourage you to join the Harvard Club of the Research Triangle and see all our Club has to offer. From interviewing, networking, continued learning, service, and leadership opportunities, you will find something that speaks to you.
Michael Fath, PhD ’93
President of the Harvard Club of the Research Triangle
Upcoming Events Below
3 days away
6:00PM - 11:00PM Sat 3 Dec 2022, Eastern timezone
12:00PM Tue 1 Nov 2022 - 12:00PM Sun 5 Mar 2023, Eastern timezoneThis is a FUN & EASY way to keep connected with the College--and one of the most important functions of any Harvard Club.
Member Directory Search
- Political and Military Experts Talk Future of Leadership at IOP Forum
- Three Harvard Scholars Named University Professors, Highest Faculty Distinction
- Cambridge Officials Discuss Homelessness, Rise in Crime and Substance Abuse in Central Square
- Harvard Affiliates Rally in Solidarity With Chinese Citizens Protesting Covid-19 Restrictions, State Censorship